Friday, November 19, 2010

The Post American World

I felt a real sense of irony as I scrunched in front of a small TV with all of my friends and classmates. I was sitting in a small room in a christian compound in the middle of Whitefield (a suburb of Bangalore, the tech capital of India). But I wasn't watching anything remotely Indian. I was watching the President of the United States give a speech to the Indian people, awaiting what he would say, and trying to judge what it meant. It is ironic to me that I gained more understanding by reading and seeing India's perspective on the speech then I would have ever while listening to a speech that Obama gave at any other time. The reality is that we are moving towards a Post-American World with other powers than just the USA. The East is rising, and America needs to find a way to deal with upcoming countries, such as India and China. What is the first thing that you think of when you think of both of these countries? What are the general stereotypes of these two countries? Can you find what kind of government rules both China and India? What is the G-20? and can you find any articles about it? A tougher question, how are both of these countries viewed by the US government? and what is the general foreign policies that the US takes?
Sorry for the delay in postings... India is a country with very little access to the internet with computers. I will try to make up for it with a few posts the next few days... I am currently in Chiang Mai, Thailand!
Chase

No comments:

Post a Comment